We provide outdoor play and forest school sessions for children in Glasgow.
If you are a parent who is working full time over the summer, has other family members to look after, or can’t ask grandparents to help, you may want your child to be having fun outside during the summer holidays in a safe and natural environment but can’t make that happen yourself. You may also want your children to have some non-screentime over the holidays that you don’t need to enforce yourself. Or, you may want your child to be physically challenged, and to have the space to stretch and grow into their bodies while running off steam, and be flopping into bed with some happy memories at the end of the day.
We are running day-long woodland play and forest school sessions at Pollok Country Park from 9.30am to 3pm every Wednesday and Thursday. During these sessions your child will have time and opportunity to play, run, roll and climb in one of Glasgow’s stunning bluebell woodlands at Pollok Country Park. We’ll be operating only one group of 12 each Wednesday and Thursday for six weeks from 7th July. You can choose to book them for up to 12 days through our ticket page here: https://bookwhen.com/glasgowforestschool
- Led by trained Forest School Leaders
- Two PVG checked adult leaders per 12 children.
- Shelters provided to keep lunches dry.
- Site, kit and activities risk assessed daily.
- Site use fully signed off and endorsed by Glasgow City Council.
- Fully insured for public liability , forest school activites including tools
- Outdoor First Aid certificates held by at least one leader.
- For children aged 5 years to 12 years
- Weather forecast and risk assessed 24 hours in advance – we are trained to know the limits of the weather for our groups on the sites we work in, and reserve the right to cancel if weather will be dangerous.
- Where possible, credit for future sessions will be provided should weather cancel.
- Please do not hesitate to ask if you’ve more questions.
What happens on the day?
We will meet you with your child at our drop off and pick up point in the morning, and once the group is gathered, we walk with the children to the designated forest school site where we put up hammocks, swings, and climbing nets. The day usually involves playing woodland based games, building dens from our kit and also from the woodland around us, and the children have opportunities to take part in forest skill activities such as using simple hand tools when we are making things like bows and arrows and log mallets. We all eat our packed lunches round the fire in the middle of the day, and often this is the time stories and jokes are told.
Discover what being outdoors can do for your team.
Right here, in the city. We work in local parks, in urban and greenspaces. Get in touch to find out what we can do to facilitate outdoor sessions for you and your team.